Saturday, June 26, 2010

Confessions of Me [JD Williams]


JD Williams is an actor best known for his role as Preston "Bodie" Broadus on HBO's The Wire and Kenny Wangler on HBO's Oz. He has appeared in many music videos, such as, Mariah Carey's "Through The Rain", Tupac's "Ghetto Gospel", Lumidee's "Never Leave You", and Cam'Ron's "Lord You Know." He has also credited such films as "Snipes", "4 Life", "Pooty Tang" and several cameos in these well-known TV shows: a main character in The Kill Point, The Sopranos, Sex and the City, and Homicide: Life On The Street.

Almost every appearance we see of JD is none other than his typecasting of a drug dealer/gangster. Other than these roles which have made us fall for this amazing actor, he has also appeared in print ads for Live by Karl Kani and Def Jam University clothing lines.

It's nearly impossible to find any other information than what is listed above. I figure, maybe, if we push it far enough, we can get someone out there to give us a little more and maybe even see more of him in upcoming projects.

We all may have first seen him as the young gangster who entered Oz's Em City for shooting a peer, but we first fell for him when we saw him as Bodie, a young drug dealer in The Terraces in Baltimore, MD. Many people, whom I have asked, say that his smooth brown eyes and loyalty to his crew are what made them weak in the knees. I know when I saw Bodie get shot by O-Dog, I was not only devastated to see my favorite character die, but also pissed at this kid who shot him. In my eyes, the show was never the same without him, but still quite decent.

True, The Wire is what brought JD to fame, and many will always see him as Bodie, but we know his talent and hope for the day where we can see him in an even bigger light. Maybe a movie with Terrance Howard, Jennifer Lopez, Columbus Short, and even a reunion with "The Wire" cast-mate Idris Elba.

JD has been my favorite actor ever since I first saw him in Oz in the year of 1997. Thirteen years have passed since then, and there has been no one who can compare. It could be because I was 6 when I first saw him, and he was my first crush[come on, I was 6 people], or maybe it's because I know he has wonderful talent and a heart that pushes him to be devoted to his roles. After all, it's said that he walked around Baltimore all night before the first day of shooting for The Wire so that he could get a feel for it.

I wanted to conduct an interview with JD for my show on YouTube, but like I said it's damn near impossible to find any new information on him, much less a way of contacting him or his publicist. So, with hope, maybe he'll see the video I do post, and he'll jump on that.

This Episode of my show will be edited and posted by 10 PM tomorrow night. I hope you tune in to watch.

To JD- Your fans love you and want to not only see more of you, but know more. We're always here for support. I really would like to interview you for my show on YouTube- "Confessions of Me". We hope to hear about a new project you're working on soon. Take care and have peace.

This is Lexxi signing out...


1 comment:

  1. Lexxi,thank you for the love and support,and attention,hahaha. I'll be on Detroit 187 tonight and one day we will do that interview...6 years old with a crush on a prisoner(what were you doing watching HBO period.hahaha. well it produced a seemingly lovely young lady and i wish you much success and happiness.JD.

    ReplyDelete